Infrastructure / Cloud Architect & Systems Administration / Systems Automation with 12 years experience.
Extensive background in virtualization for private / public / hybrid infrastructures (mostly VMware and AWS). I've been using Ruby and Chef for about 2 years to manage infrastructure for a Ruby on Rails on AWS environment. My current projects involve moving our company to AWS VPCs and application deployments to docker.
My goal on this site is to support Operations / DevOps engineers who need help with Infrastructure, Network Security and Application Lifecycle Management (from build to deploy & monitoring / Application Performance Management).
Other areas I will be able to assist with:
- Chef cookbooks (including Berkshelf, Test Kitchen, serverspec and integration tests)
- AWS multi-account automation (via AWS Ruby SDK)
- research environments with R, RStudio, Shiny, Spark
- RedHat RHEL & Ubuntu, Windows / AD
- network issue troubleshooting (tcpdump, etc.)
- database troubleshooting (MS SQL, mysql, postgres)
- application / performance monitoring with Dynatrace, Newrelic APM, Sensu, etc.
- general IT system automation
- brewing beer